• Address: 甘肃省天水市麦积区泉湖路2号
• Tel: 0938-2731407;0938-2655291
• Recommended Visiting Time:half Day
• Tickets 90 CNY p/p
• Opening Time: 08:30~16:30
• offical website: https://www.tourgansu.com/scenic/detail/402836c05611850e015611d269940031
GanSu Maijishan Grottoes
· The Maiji Mountain, surrounded by steep rock and green plants, is the main attraction of the scenic spot and one of the most famous grottoes in the northwest.
· The statue of Maiji Mountain is as large as 16 meters and small is only 10 centimeters. Walk along the wooden plank road built along the mountain and visit the caves along the way.
· The Grotto retains a large amount of religious and artistic materials, reflecting the development and evolution of Chinese clay sculpture art, and providing rich historical facts for the study of Buddhist culture in later generations.
· Maijishan’s flying sky has no wings, no feathers. She uses clouds instead of clouds. She only uses floating dresses, flying ribbons, and beautiful girls flying in the air. It is the most talented masterpiece of ancient Chinese artists.GanSu Maijishan Grottoes:
GanSu Maijishan Grottoes
- GanSu Maijishan Grottoes
- GanSu Maijishan Grottoes
GanSu Maijishan Grottoes
Maiji Mountain Grottoes: World Cultural Heritage, National AAAAA Scenic Spot, National Key Scenic Spot, National Forest Park, National Geological Park, National Key Cultural Relics Protection Unit, and one of China’s four major grottoes.
- Maiji Mountain is located in the Maiji District of Tianshui City, Gansu Province. It is a lone peak in the Xiaolong Mountain. It is 142 meters high and is named after the mountain shape resembling wheat. The Maiji Mountain Grottoes were built in 384-417. There are 221 caves, 10632 clay sculptures and more than 1,300 square meters of murals. They are famous for their exquisite clay sculpture art and are known as the Oriental Sculpture Art Exhibition Hall.
- The Maiji Mountain Scenic Area consists of more than 180 scenic spots in five sub-scenes of Maiji Mountain, Xianren Cliff, Shimen, Quxi and Jieting Hot Springs. It has a rich variety of biological types and species and is known as the “Crown of Shanglin Springs”. With profound tourism value, it is a dazzling artistic pearl and the most potential tourist attraction on the Silk Road Golden Tourism.
- The Maiji Mountain Grottoes retain a large number of physical materials such as religion, art, architecture, etc., reflecting the characteristics of statues of various eras over the past thousand years, reflecting the development and evolution of Chinese clay sculpture art, enriching the history of ancient Chinese culture, and contributing to the later generations. The study of Chinese Buddhism culture provides a wealth of information and historical facts.
- The Maiji Mountain Grottoes are excavated on cliffs and cliffs. The caves are “close to the hive” and the plank road is “the volley flying frame”. The layers of the volley are stacked, and their thrills are rare and rare, forming a magnificent three-dimensional building complex. Its imitation wood palace stone carving cliff pavilion is unique and magnificent. The caves are mostly Buddhist temples without central pillars, which are obviously with local characteristics.
- The most magnificent and most magnificent building in the Maiji Mountain Grottoes is the Seven Buddhas on the fourth cave, also known as the “Sanhualou”. It is located above the Dongya Buddha. It is about 80 meters from the ground and is seven and eight pillars. The hall-style structure is about nine meters high, 30 meters wide and eight meters deep. It is divided into two parts in the back room. The column is an octagonal large column, covered with a lotus-shaped column foundation, and the building components are all finely carved, reflecting the maturity of the construction technology in the Northern Zhou Dynasty. The back room is composed of seven parallel-angled craters, and the stacks are overlapped. The building elements such as the inner column and the beam are all embossed. Therefore, the building of the fourth cave of Maiji Mountain is the largest cave in the country that imitates the traditional Chinese architectural form. It is an important material for studying the wooden architecture of the Northern Dynasties. It truly represents the Buddhist temple that has been Chinese in the late Northern and Southern Dynasties. The external and internal features are of great significance in the history of grotto development.
GanSu Langmu Temple Travel Guide
- Tickets are 100 yuan, and the shuttle bus is 15 yuan. It takes 30 minutes to walk from the gate of the scenic spot to the grotto. There is still a distance. It is recommended to take a shuttle bus. The steps are all newly built, cement steel bars, very strong and safe. Along the steps, stand at the highest point, look into the distance, heavy cascading, mountain ring water, smog, drizzle, refreshing and pleasant, no such experience without coming.
- Visiting Maiji Mountain is not like visiting the scenery of other places, you must pick a windy and sunny weather. On the contrary, the more the weather is cloudy, the more the rain is like the hemp, the more the Maiji Mountain will be more intoxicating. Because there is a thin cloud around the Maiji Mountain at this time, all the scenery of Maiji Mountain will become paralyzed. Walking in it, as if entering the fairyland! This is a “smoke of rain”.
- In order to protect these clay sculptures, each cave is equipped with iron screens and smashed inside with a wire mesh to see the Buddha statue inside, and bring a flashlight to see it more clearly. The highest clay sculpture Buddha statue is 15.8 meters. It is a long time and weathered. It is a pity. Reluctant to fall down from the grotto. Going down the mountain does not go back, so it will not be very crowded, so it is safe.
- Buy round-trip tickets, which saves time and is not too tired. It takes more than three hours to get down from the mountains.
GanSu TianShui Maijishan Grottoes Video[iframe width=”100%” height=”555″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ku8C_i0DTNM” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”true”] [iframe width=”100%” height=”555″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/e-TUaGiw5Dc” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”true”]
GanSu TianShui Maijishan Grottoes[iframe src=”https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m28!1m12!1m3!1d834471.1252248344!2d104.36168704058908!3d35.215115530222526!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!4m13!3e0!4m5!1s0x365a90b5990c3983%3A0x914c002e5d0d245c!2sLanzhou%2C+Gansu%2C+China!3m2!1d36.061088999999996!2d103.83430299999999!4m5!1s0x365e450ce007bb83%3A0x207c0fa87b4cb5b9!2sMaijishan+Grottoes%2C+Maiji+Qu%2C+Tianshui+Shi%2C+China!3m2!1d34.348659999999995!2d106.00991499999999!5e0!3m2!1sen!2shk!4v1556203964372!5m2!1sen!2shk” width=”100%” height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ style=”border:0″ allowfullscreen=”true”]
How to get to TianShui Maijishan Grottoes from LanZhou
• By Car Rental: 4.5 H from lanzhou
GanSu Maijishan Grottoes Tourist Map
GanSu TianShui Maijishan Grottoes Car Rental with driver
- 5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
- Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
- Driver‘s MEAL
- insurance of passengers
- Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Tourist attractions admission tickets
- personal expense
- english tour guide
- tips for driver, depends on service
ChengDu WestChinaGo Travel Servicewww.WestChinaGo.com