- Chinese name: 杭州
- Region:China Zhejiang Province Geographical Location Northern Zhejiang
- Area: 16850 km²
- Telephone area code: 0571
- Postal Code: 310000
- Climate conditions: Subtropical monsoon climate
- Population: 12.204 million (2021)
- Famous attractions: West Lake, Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal, Zhejiang Hangzhou Xixi National Wetland Park, Lingyin Temple, Liuhe Pagoda, Qiandao Lake Scenic Area, Liangzhu Ancient City Ruins
- Airport: Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport
- Railway Station: Hangzhou Railway Station, Hangzhou East Railway Station, Hangzhou South Railway Station, Hangzhou West Railway Station, etc.
- License plate code: Zhejiang A
- GDP: 1,810.9 billion yuan (2021)
Hangzhou, in the northeast of Zhejiang Province, has a history that dates back to the Qin Dynasty for more than 2,000 years. The five dynasties Wuyue and Southern Song dynasties all set their capitals here.
This Hangzhou, which has been called “paradise on earth” since ancient times, is full of mountains, springs, lakes, bridges, towers and temples, and the colors in the scenery have gradually diversified over time. Along the West Lake, there are no absolute boundaries between cities and parks. The lush vegetation is integrated with various small shops. This is exactly the interesting part of Hangzhou, surrounded by the greenery of nature everywhere, but not far from the emptiness of the city.
In the bustling and bustling city, the modern flavor of Wulin Square and the ancient flavor of Qinghefang are intertwined, giving people the most authentic and memorable Hangzhou.
Hangzhou Tourist Attractions
- nanxun old town
Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal
Xixi National Wetland Park