- Chinese name: 西藏
- Location: Frontier of Southwest China, southwest of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
- Area: 1228400 km²
- Telephone area code: (+86) 0891-0897
- Postal code: 850000-860000
- Climate conditions: “severe cold in the northwest, warm and humid southeast
- Population: 3.6481 million (zero o’clock on November 1, 2020)
- Famous attractions: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Gandan Monastery, Mount Everest, Yarlung Zangbo River
- Airport: Lhasa Gonggar International Airport, Qamdo Bangda Airport, etc.
- Railway Station: Lhasa Station, Shigatse Station, Nyingchi Station, Nagqu Station
- License plate code: Tibetan A-Tibetan G
- Gross Regional Product: 190.274 billion yuan (2020)
- The highest altitude: Mount Everest (8848.86 meters)
- Average altitude: more than 4000 meters
Tibet is one of the five ethnic minority autonomous regions in China. Tibet is located in the southwestern part of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, between 26°50′ to 36°53′ north latitude and 78°25′ to 99°06′ east longitude, with an average altitude of more than 4000 meters. It is known as the “Roof of the World”. It covers an area of 1.2284 million square kilometers, accounting for about 1/8 of the total area of the country,The permanent population at the end of 2019 was 3.5056 million
Tibet is bordered by Xinjiang in the north, Sichuan in the east, Qinghai in the northeast, and Yunnan in the southeast. It borders countries and regions such as Myanmar, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Kashmir, and has a land border of more than 4,000 kilometers. It is an important gateway to the southwestern border of China.
There are many historical sites in Tibet. There are 251 cultural relics protection units at various levels in the region, including 27 national-level key cultural relics protection units and 55 autonomous region-level key cultural relics protection units.
Mapang Yumco Wetland National Nature Reserve (established in July 2017).
On November 9, 2020, the Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon tourist attraction was awarded the national 5A tourist attraction
Tibet Tourist Attractions
Mount Everest Camp
Yangbajain geothermal field
Gyangze Tourist Attractions
Shigatse Tourist Attractions
Tibet Ali Tourist Attractions
Tibet Tourist Map
Tibet Tour Video
Tibet Tour Package
4 Days Tibet Tours
- Join-in tour package
- lhasa city and around tour
- potala palce +jokhang+barkhor+drepung
6-Days Lhasa and Shigatse Tour
- lhasa + gyantse +shigatse tour
8 Days Lhasa to Everest Base Camp Tour
- lhasa city highlight tourist attractions
- yamdrok lake
- everest base camp
Tibet Tour Photo
Tibet Travel Guide
- What’s The best Time to visit tibet?
- What things did you only know after you arrived in Tibet?
- How to deal with altitude sickness?
- How to Apply tibet visa?
- What to pack for tibet tour?
- How To get to Lhasa Tibet?
- what’s the best street food in tibet?
- How is the accommodation in Tibet?
- where to go shopping in lhasa tibet?
- is there any good hotel to recommend?
- How To Plan Tibet Tour