2021 LeShan Giant Buddha Tour, Travel Guide
see: “The mountain is a Buddha and the Buddha is a mountain”
WestChinaGo always concern our clients’ experience, Offering you value and hassle-free and happy leshan giant buddha day tour, all tour guides are strictly picked out from past year’s many many tourists feedbacks, aiming to make your trip more sense.
- LeShan Giant Buddha Photo
- How To Plan LeShan Giant Buddha Tour From Chengdu
- How To Get To EmeiShan from LeShan Giant Buddha
- LeShan Giant Buddha Offical Website
- LeShan City Local Snack and Food
- ChengDu Charter Coach to Leshan Giant Buddha
- ChengDu Charter Car to Leshan Giant Buddha
Construction was started in 713, led by a Chinese monk named Hai Tong. He hoped that the Buddha would calm the turbulent waters that plagued the shipping vessels traveling down the river. When funding for the project was threatened, he is said to have gouged out his own eyes to show his piety and sincerity. After his death, however, the construction was stuck due to insufficient funding. About 70 years later, a jiedushi decided to sponsor the project and the construction was completed by Hai Tong’s disciples in 803.
Apparently the massive construction resulted in so much stone being removed from the cliff face and deposited into the river below that the currents were indeed altered by the statue, making the water safe for passing ships
A sophisticated drainage system was incorporated into the Leshan Giant Buddha when it was built. It is still in working order. It includes drainage pipes carved into various places on the body, to carry away the water after the rains so as to reduce weathering.
When the Giant Buddha was carved, a huge thirteen story wood structure (similar to the one at the Rongxian Giant Buddha) was built to shelter it from rain and sunshine. This structure was destroyed and sacked by the Mongols during the wars at the end of the Yuan Dynasty. From then on, the stone statue was exposed to the elements.
Leshan Giant Buddha 360 Panoramas
2021 Leshan Giant Buddha Day Tour Package
1Day LeShan Giant Buddha Tour package
The Biggest Stone sclputure in the world.the moutain is buddha ,and the buddha is a moutain
1Day Chengdu Panda +LeShan Buddha Tour
If you come to Chengdu for the giant panda and the Giant Buddha in Leshan. This tour is your choice.
2-Day Panda+Leshan Buddha+Mt.Emei Tour package
1.Panda Breeding Center,see the unbeatable cuties.
2.Take brand new high -speed train,mingle with local,faster&save.
3.See the biggest Buddha in the world.
4.In Mt.Emei,visit the top- the Golden Summit or hike in the Wannian monastery section, ,find your own inner peace.
2Days Leshan Giant Buddha+Mount Emei Panoramic Tour
1.Visit the biggest stone Buddha in the world.
2.Overnight in the Mount Emei,Mt.Emei hiking.
2Days Leshan Giant Buddha+Mt.Emei Panoramic plus Temple Stay
2Days Leshan Giant Buddha+Mt.Emei Panoramic plus Temple Stay.
Leshan Giant Buddha Photo
LeShan Giant Buddha Video
Leshan Giant Buddha Tour Map
How To Get To Leshan Giant Buddha From ChengDu
150km from chengdu city,The single-side itinerary need about 2-3 hours
1.5 hours from chengdu
After you arrive leshan train station,you will transfer by public bus or take a taxi,about half an hour for arrival.
ChengDu XinNanMen Bus station
SHIYANGCHANG Bus Station
After you arrive leshan bus station,you will transfer by public bus or take a taxi,about half an hour for arrival.
Leshan Giant Buddha Travel Guide
- There are 2 ways of visiting Leshan giant buddha: One is river cruise (Video)，which will last about only 15 mins.you will see panorama buddha.
another is to climb up the mount.you will have chance to visit the temple.and walking down the cliff to the foot.usually IT’S crowded，queuing will take 0.5-2 hours.
- Climbing up the mount will involve lot of walking, so we suggest the senior to choose river cruise.
- when taking boat cruise,there is the platform on boat for taking pict ure,since it have good position and angle for photo-taking..please atten ion:it is charged.. please confirm the price for either every one picture or for the whole proc ess, sometimes customer possibly be scammed
- when exiting the gate after finishing the visit the leshan giant buddha, suggest don’t take tri-cycle outside of gate, because of risking of being overcharged, due to language barrier, no more time and right authority to clarify your justice.
FAQ of Leshan Giant Buddha Tour
ChengDu WestChinaGo Travel Service
[contact-form-7 id=”19898″ title=”KONTAKT11″]