Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall
- Chinese name: 金山岭长城
- Location: Hualougou Village, Bakshiying Town, Luanping County, Chengde City, Hebei Province
- Ticket price: 65 yuan in peak season, 55 yuan in off-season
- Opening hours: 05:00-18:30 throughout the year
- Founded: in the first year of Ming Hongwu (1368 AD)
- East-west connection: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Great Wall
- Area: 32 km²
- Tel:(+86) 0314-8830222
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall
Jinshanling Great Wall is located in Luanping County, Chengde City, Hebei Province, adjacent to Miyun District, Beijing, and 130 kilometers away from downtown Beijing. The Jinshanling Great Wall was built in the first year of Ming Hongwu (1368 AD), under the presided of the general Xu Da.
The Jinshanling Great Wall is the quintessential part of the Great Wall. Barrier walls, text bricks and stone blocks are the three must-sees of the Jinshanling Great Wall, known as the “Photography Lovers’ Paradise”
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Tourist Map
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Photo
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Video
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Tour Package
1 Day Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Tour
- Private English Tour Guide
- all inclusive.worry-free
Only Car Rental to Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall
- only car rental of round trip
- flexible time choice
Beijing Jinshanling Great Wall Travel Guide
Entering the Jinshanling Great Wall, you first arrive at the visitor center. The visitor center is located at the Sanchakou of the scenic spot. It has services such as consultation, complaints, ticket sales, rest, medical treatment, tour guide, and sales. At the same time, it provides tourists with a variety of free services, including wheelchairs, Umbrellas, newspapers, children’s vehicles, video broadcasting, electronic touch screen information inquiry, mobile phone charging, navigation maps, etc.
The distance from the tourist center to the commercial street is about 1.2km. You can choose to take a battery car for this journey. It takes about 3 minutes. The battery car is 10 yuan per person per way. You can also walk. It takes 15 minutes to walk.
It is about 300 meters from the commercial street to the ticket gate. Here you can bring water, sun hats, trekking poles, etc. for climbing.
Climbing Jinshanling different routes, you can choose the most suitable and most desired route according to your own time and physical strength
Route 1: Ticket gate→brick pallet gate→shaling gate→ticket gate (loop line 3 km)
On this route, you can see the most characteristic barrier walls, horse-retaining walls, supporting walls, and beacon towers of the Jinshanling Great Wall, which are clocked in at the same angle as the Great Wall in the Great Hall of the People’s Hebei Hall “Jinshanling Morning Light”
Route 2: Ticket gate → Brick pallet gate → Shaling mouth → Xiaojinshan Tower → Ropeway station → ticket gate (Circular line 4km)
On this route, there are big and small Jinshan Towers that are must-sees on the Jinshanling Great Wall. The two enemy towers are located on two steep and beautiful mountain peaks, from which the name of Jinshanling Great Wall comes from.
Route 3: Ticket gate → Brick pallet gate → Shaling mouth → Houchuan mouth → ticket gate (circle line 5km)
This line is the highest point of the Central Ring Road and the best photography spot for the Jinshanling Great Wall. Here, you can overlook the entire Great Wall and see the magnificent scene on the Great Wall.
Route 4: Ticket gate → Brick pallet gate → Shaling mouth → Houchuan mouth → Dongwuyan Tower → Dongmen Visitor Center (Circle 10 km)
This is a hearty Great Wall sports route, sports enthusiasts, must challenge this route!
Travel Tips for Jinshanling Great Wall
Come to Jinshanling Great Wall to visit happily, throw away all worries, forget the hustle and bustle of the city in the breath of nature, let go of your thoughts in the magnificence of the Great Wall, and face your soul directly!
- When going up the mountain, it is recommended to pack up the mountain lightly and reduce the luggage items so as not to consume a lot of physical energy.
- There is a big temperature difference between morning and night in the scenic area. The temperature is low when going up the mountain in the early morning. You can bring warm clothes to keep warm.
- It is recommended to choose comfortable hiking shoes when climbing the Great Wall.
- Do not walk for viewing, and do not walk for viewing.
- When climbing the Great Wall, walk in a zigzag shape and lean forward slightly, which saves effort and is easy.
- It is not advisable to eat too much before climbing to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Prepare plenty of water and some necessary medicines before climbing, in case you need it from time to time.