BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall
- Chinese Name:居庸关长城
- Juyong Pass of Great Wall of China
- Tickets：40-45 CNY
- Opened: 08:30-17:00
- recommend visiting time：1-3 H
- National AAAA-level scenic spot
- Virtual Tour: https://v.visitbeijing.com.cn/pano/30_1/index.html
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall
Juyongguan is a famous pass city along the Great Wall. It is known as one of the three major pass cities of the Great Wall. It is built along the mountain very steeply. On the tower of Juyongguan, there is a plaque of “the most magnificent pass in the world”. It is a resort for tourists to take pictures. Moreover, the mountains here are beautiful, and the trees are layered on top of each other. “Juyong emerald green” is also a famous scenery around the capital.
When visiting Juyongguan, most people focus on climbing the Great Wall and enjoying the scenery at the top of the mountain. Walking is required in the scenic area, and it takes about three hours to climb to the beacon tower at the highest point, which requires a certain amount of physical strength, so you must be mentally prepared before visiting.
The Juyongguan Great Wall is a famous ancient gate along the Great Wall in northern Beijing. It is a national cultural relics protection unit. It is 60 kilometers away from Beijing and 20 kilometers away from the Badaling Great Wall. The terrain is difficult and it is an important pass of the Great Wall.
Juyongguan is the gateway to Beijing from the north. In the center of Juyongguan there is a beautifully carved white marble “Yuntai”
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall Tourist Map
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall Photo
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall Video
How To Get to JuYongGuan Great Wall from beijing
- 1. Deshengmen takes the 345 bus at the Shahe station and transfers to the Chang 68 road directly to the scenic spot;
- 2, Deshengmen take 883 Road at the South Street East Street Station, transfer to Chang 68 Road directly to the scenic spot;
- 3. Under the Longze Station of Metro Line 13, change to Chang 68 Road and drive directly to the scenic spot;
- 4, car rental with driver, pls consult us
- Inclusion5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
- Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
- Driver‘s MEAL
- insurance of passengers
- Beijing Hotel|Airport|Train Station Pick up and drop off
- Tourist attractions admission tickets
- personal expense
- english tour guide
Things To Do
1.Looking up at the “No. 1 Grand Pass in the World”
To the scenic spot, you must first come to the Juyongguan Scenic Spot Square at the foot of the mountain. There is a stone gate called Yuntai, which is a treasure of Tibetan Buddhist architecture with a white stone structure. There are Bodhisattva statues carved on the two walls of the inner passage of the Yuntai, which are beautiful and unique. Walk along the stone gate to reach the gate of Guancheng, where you can see the lofty plaque of “No. 1 Grand Pass in the World”, and you can take a photo with it.
2.Admire the majestic tower
After buying tickets at the gate of Guancheng, enter the scenic spot. There are many cultural attractions in the scenic spot, such as Emperor Temple, Diecui Academy, Biaozhong Temple, Fengyucang, etc., where ancient celebrities are enshrined and the history of Juyongguan is recorded. There is also a small lake next to it. You can visit them one by one. At the same time, you can enjoy the tall and majestic city towers under the South and North Gate Towers in the scenic area. The Great Wall connected with the towers is in the shape of a “herringbone” on the hillside, which is very special. The inns and restaurants in the scenic area are also here.
3.climbing the great wall
After visiting the tower, you can start the journey of climbing the Great Wall. It usually takes two to three hours to climb to the top beacon tower, which is a physical challenge. But after climbing to the top of the mountain, you can see one of the famous eight scenic spots in the capital, “Juyong emerald green”. In the distance, there are continuous green mountains and overlapping mountains.
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall Travel Tips
There will be public toilets and a small shop selling snacks and water on the road, but the price is higher than outside. If you are physically strong enough, you can bring some snacks and water with you. It is recommended to bring high-calorie foods such as chocolate and raisins to supplement your physical strength. This section of the Great Wall is relatively steep, with 40 centimeters of steep steps and 20-30 centimeters of slowness, and some places are worn and uneven due to long-term trampling, so be extra careful on your feet. After climbing the Great Wall, you can choose to return the same way, or you can go down the mountain from the other direction of the Great Wall and return to the scenic square.
BeiJing JuYongGuan Great Wall Travel Guide
- There are few people, but it is steep, it is difficult to climb, there are requirements for physical strength, lack of exercise, weak physical fitness, and the age is relatively unsuitable. It is even less recommended for children.
- There is a large parking lot and rest area outside the ticket gate. You can eat some things in the rest area and drink some water to replenish your energy.
- Entering the park, the effect is good, staggering the peak period
- Cash ready
- Sports shoes, must climb the Great Wall, ban sandals
- Solve personal hygiene problems before boarding the Great Wall, there are toilets on the north side of the fourth floor.