ChengDu Tourist Attraction
ChengDu Panda Tours
World Cultural Heritage Around ChengDu:
• ADD: 66号 Wenshuyuan St, Qingyang, Chengdu, Sichuan, China青羊区文殊院大街66号
• Phone:+86 28 8693 5293
• Opening Time:9：00——17：00
ChengDdu WenShuYuan Monastery
This Tang Dynasty Buddhist monastery is the most impressive, It is dedicated to the Buddhist representation of Wisdom, Wenshu Pusa (Manjusri Bodhisatva), and contains more than 450 Buddha statues and other precious relics. it has a history dates back 1,300 years.
In addition to the halls and gardens, chengdu WenSuYuan also has a charming tea house that offers an insightful window of Chengdu life as it is frequented by locals who engage in games of chess, reading, knitting and just chatting with family and friends. The temple also has a delightful vegetarian restaurant with seats offering views over the gardens.
Things To Do 1:Try surrounding’s snack and street food, such as 洞子口张凉粉 闫太婆锅盔 文酥圆..
Things To Do 2: you can try vegetarian food in the temple,if you don’t mind.
- The present temple grounds were built under the supervision of Zen Master CiDu HaiYue in 1697, .
- during the Qing Dynasty. Wenshu is the Chinese word for the future Buddha Maitreya.
- whose presence was felt during the construction of the original temple in the form of a persistent glow.
- Here you can find a fine cup of green tea and the best vegetarian food in the city. .
- A tourist/culture district is springing up all around the temple, so finding food, souveniers and other cultural knick-knacks should be no problem in the future
ChengDu WenShuYuan Monastery Photo
ChengDu WenShuYuan Monastery Panorama
ChengDu WenShuYuan monastery Video
ChengDu WenShuYuan monastery Tour Map
How To Get to ChengDu WenShu Temple
from city center to ChengDu WenShu Temple, very close , the expense is about 10-30 rmb
Practical Chinese:for taxi driver
Please take me to ChengDu WenShu Temple
Line 1, get off wenshuyuan
Metro Line 2: get off from exit K, then walking 5 mins for arrival
chengdu metro map