Chongqing Food Tour Video
Book Chongqing Food Tour
4 Hour Chongqing Food Tour
Price From 82 USD/per
4 Hours Chongqing Hotpot Dinner + Hongyadong Night Cruise Private Tour
ChongQing Cuisine Characteristic
Chongqing food is part of Sichuan cuisine. Chongqing is known for its spicy food. Its food is normally considered numbing because of the use of Sichuan pepper, also known as Sichuan peppercorn, containing hydroxy alpha sanshool. Chongqing’s city centre has many restaurants and food stalls where meals often cost less than RMB10. Local specialties here include dumplings and pickled vegetables and, different from many other Chinese cuisines, Chongqing dishes are suitable for the solo diner as they are often served in small individual sized portions. Among the delicacies and local specialties are these dishes:
- Hot pot – Chongqing’s local culinary specialty which was originally from the Northern China. Tables in hot pot restaurants usually have a central vat, or pot, where food ordered by the customers is boiled in a spicy broth. As well as beef, pork, lotus and other vegetables, items such as pig’s kidney, brain, duck’s bowels and cow’s stomach are often consumed.
- Jiangtuan fish – since Chongqing is located along Jialing River, visitors have a good opportunity to sample varieties of aquatic products. Among them, is a fish local to the region, Jiangtuan fish: Hypophthalmichthys nobilis although more commonly known as bighead carp. The fish is often served steamed or baked.
- Pork leg cooked with rock candy – A common household dish of the Chongqing people, the finished dish, known as red in colour and tender in taste, has been described as having strong and sweet aftertaste.
- Qianzhang (skimmed soy bean cream) – Qianzhang is the cream skimmed from soybean milk. In order to create, this several steps must be followed very carefully. First, soybeans are soaked in water, ground, strained, boiled, restrained several times and spread over gauze until delicate, snow-white cream is formed. The paste can also be hardened, cut into slivers and seasoned with sesame oil, garlic and chili oil. Another variation is to bake the cream and fry it with bacon, which is described as soft and sweet.
- Quanshui Chicken (Spring Water Chicken) – Quanshui Chicken is cooked with the natural spring water in the Southern Mountain of Chongqing.
Xiao mian (little noodle) – lamian noodles with chili oil and rich mixtures of spices and ingredients.
Chongqing Food Street
ChongQing BaYi Road Food street
- Chinese Name： 重庆八一好吃街
- Recommend: 好又来酸辣粉 麦丽丝烧烤 降龙爪爪 金榜题名 山城小汤圆…
- Time Spent: 2 Hour
ChongQing JiaoChangKou Food street
- Chinese Name： 较场口美食街
- Recommend: 火锅，烧烤，脑花，串串，钵钵鸡，山城汤圆，酸辣粉，凉面，冰粉，小酥肉，降龙爪爪，肖炮小酥肉，一只酸牛奶，八戒烤猪蹄～另外佩姐火锅店
- Time Spent: 2 Hour
Chongqing Guanyinqiao Food Street
- Chinese Name: 重庆观音桥好吃街
- Time Spent: 2 H