- Chinese name: 悬空寺
- Foreign name: Xuankong Temple
- Location: At the foot of Mount Heng in the southeastern suburb of Hunyuan County, Datong City, Shanxi Province 山西省大同市浑源县东南郊恒山脚下
- Opening hours: January 1-February 28 08:30-16:30; March 1-October 31 08:00-17:00; November 1-December 31 08:30- 16:30
- Attraction level: AAAA
- Ticket price: 130 yuan/person in peak season
- Suggested play time: 2-3 hours
- Suitable seasons to visit: spring, summer and autumn are all available
The Hanging Temple was built over 1,500 years ago during the Northern Wei Dynasty (386-534 AD) and features a combination of Buddhist, Taoist, and Confucian elements.
The Hanging Temple is not only a marvel of architecture and engineering, but also a testament to the deep spiritual and cultural traditions of China.
It is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in exploring the country’s rich cultural heritage
What make Hanging Temple unique
What makes this temple particularly remarkable is that it is built into the side of a cliff, suspended over 50 meters above the ground.
The temple Visitors to the Hanging Temple can take a walk through the temple’s narrow walkways and explore the various halls and rooms.
One of the most impressive features of the temple is the large statue of the Buddha located in the main hall.