Ningxia Shuidonggou Tourist Area
- Chinese name: 宁夏水洞沟旅游区
- Location: Shuidonggou Scenic Area, Linhe Town, Lingwu City, Yinchuan City (19 kilometers away from Yinchuan City, 11 kilometers away from Yinchuan Hedong Airport)
- Climatic conditions: temperate continental climate
- Opening hours: April 1st-October 31st 08:00-18:00 (last admission 17:00); November 1st-March 31st 08:00-17:00 (last admission Admission 17:00)
- Attraction level: National AAAAA level tourism
- Scenic spot ticket price: 60 yuan
- Land area: 7.8 km²
- Famous attractions: Shuidonggou Ruins Museum, Zhangsan Xiaodian, Shuidonggou Village, Ming Great Wall Ruins, Ming Great Wall Observation Deck, Cangbing Cave, Grand Canyon, Hongshan Fort, Hongshan Lake, Waterfront Great Wall
- Scenic spot type: Yardang landform/Archaeological Site
- Suitable season for play: suitable for all seasons
- Play time: about 3 hours
- Large-scale live-action performance: Large-scale live-action horse battle epic drama “Northern Xinjiang Tiange”
- Official Website：https://www.shuidonggou.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel:(+0086)400 679 1996 0951 505 5816 0951-5014338
Ningxia Shuidonggou Tourist Area
Shuidonggou is the earliest Paleolithic cultural site excavated in China, known as “the birthplace of Chinese prehistoric archaeology” and “the historical witness of the cultural exchange between China and the West”. It is a national key cultural relic protection unit, a national AAAAA-level tourist attraction, and a national geological park. It is listed by the state as one of the 100 national cultural relics protection sites and one of the “100 most significant archaeological discoveries of Chinese civilization”.
History & Cultural Value
The Shuidonggou site records the historical witness of ancient human beings multiplying and fighting against nature, and contains rich and precious prehistoric materials. It shows people the picture scroll of the survival of ancient humans 40,000 years ago, and it is the Paleolithic site that has been officially excavated in the Yellow River area in my country so far. In 1923, French paleontologists De Rijin and Sang Zhihua discovered prehistoric cultural sites here. Through excavation, a large number of stone tools and animal fossils were unearthed. Therefore, Shuidonggou became the earliest ancient human cultural site discovered in the Paleolithic Age in my country. . Today, over the past 80 years, after six archaeological excavations, more than 30,000 stone tools and 67 ancient animal fossils have been unearthed in Shuidonggou.
military defense system
The Shuidonggou area is also the Grand View Garden of the most complete military defense buildings in China, including the ancient Great Wall of the Ming Dynasty in northern my country, “Hengcheng Dabian”, beacon towers, castles, and Tibetan soldier caves.
Shuidonggou is located on the southern edge of the Ordos platform. The Yardang landform created by nature has experienced thousands of years of wind and sand erosion. There are also 20 scenic spots such as Devil City, Wotuo Ridge, Motianya, Duanyun Valley, and Tamarix Valley. There are many strange and peculiar landscapes of soil and forest.
Ningxia Shuidonggou Tourist Area Video
Ningxia Shuidonggou Tourist Area Tourist Map
Ningxia Shuidonggou Tourist Area Travel Guide
Scan QR Code for Tickets
Things to do in Ningxia Shuidonggou
1. Visit the Shuidonggou National Archaeological Site Park
The park houses the Shuidonggou Archaeological Site Museum, which displays a collection of artifacts and relics from the site, including stone tools, pottery, and bones.
2. Learn About Ancient History
Shuidonggou is one of the earliest sites of human habitation in China, and it provides important insights into the evolution of human civilization in the region.
Visitors can learn about the history and culture of the early humans who lived in the area over 30,000 years ago.
3. Take a Guided Tour
Guided tours of the archaeological site are available, which provide visitors with a deeper understanding of the history and significance of the site.
4. Visit the great wall ruin
Shuidonggou Wild Luxury Tent Hotel
It is located in the north area of Shuidonggou scenic spot in Ningxia, in the wild grassland of Ordos.
There are 14 standard rooms and 5 double rooms. The tent hotel is perfectly integrated with the local geography and landforms. The environment is friendly. You can look at the Northwest landscape of camel bells strolling in the summer night. The starry sky is twinkling, quiet and peaceful place.