• Address: 青海省海西蒙古族藏族自治州乌兰县茶卡镇
• Tel: 0977-8240129
• Opening Time:07:00 am-21:00 pm
• Recommended Visiting Time:half Day
• Tickets 70 RMB/small train (one way) 50 RMB / cruise (one way) 90 RMB / battery car (one way) 5 RMB / sightseeing tower 20 RMB
• offical website: https://chakasl.com/
from XiNing city: 3 hours ride/180 KM
QingHai ChaKa Salt Lake
- Chaka Salt Lake is a famous natural crystalline salt lake in the Qaidam Basin. China’s “mirror of the sky”, salt production can be used by the people of the country for about 75 years.
- There are many salt sculptures in the scenic spot to watch, and you can take a small train to the depths of the salt lake.
- Visitors can walk barefoot to the lake to watch and shoot their own reflections. If you are lucky enough, you can see the mirages formed on these rivers during the day.
- If it is rainy for several days, the salt layer in the lake may be diluted and dissolved, and the muddy soil will be exposed. You can’t play in the lake.
- Many small black holes in the salt lake are actually traps one by one. Don’t step on it, and the darker the more dangerous.
QingHai ChaKa Salt Lake
Located in southern Qaidam Basin in the northeastern part of Qinghai Province, Qarhan Salt Lake is the largest natural salt lake in China, as well as one of the most well-known inland salt lakes in the world, covering about 5,800 square kilometers (580,000 hectares).
As a natural resource for a number of important minerals, the lake is famous for its deposits of more than 50 billion tons of sodium chloride, or table salt, which canenough to supply 6 billion people for 1,000 years. The briny water of the lake crystallizes into salt under the searing heat, forming a hardened salt bed around the lake.
The most amazing feature of the lake is the 32-kilometer-long salt bridge built across the lake. The bridge, 15-18 meters thick, is made with salt. “Floating” on the lake, the bridge is straight and smooth on the surface, which divides the lake into two parts. Driving on the bridge is an interesting experience.
2019 ChaKa Salt Lake Tours,Travel Guide
- Best Time to Go: being earlier to avoid the rush hours tourist
- photo taking depends on the weather
- red and Bright color clothes are preffered for nice photo
- bring your Sandle slippers instead of buy shoe cover
QingHai ChaKa Salt Lake Photo Gallery
How To Get To QingHai ChaKa Salt Lake from Qinghai Lake
Qinghai Chaka Salt Lake Video
How to Get To Qinghai Chaka Salt Lake from XiNing
- Car Rental
- 5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
- Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
- Driver‘s MEAL
- insurance of passengers
- XiNing Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Tourist attractions admission tickets
- personal expense
- english tour guide
- tips for driver, depends on service
Xining Road Bus Station in Xining has a shuttle bus to Chaka Salt Lake every day at 12 noon. The journey takes about 5 hours and the fare is about 60 yuan. Xinning Road Bus Station has 4-5 bus to Wulan County every day. It passes through Chaka Town on the way. The journey takes about 6 hours and the fare is about 70 yuan. It takes about 5 kilometers from the town to the salt lake. There is no public transportation. You can only walk or take a taxi. You can also consider taking a ride.
Chaka Salt Lake is an attraction about 200 kilometers away from Xining. There are no flights available. In the peak season, there are only about two months (June-August). There will be a mirror of the sky of Xining Station-Teika Station. number. Other times there is no such train:
Y961/2 times Xining to Chaka tourist train, the fare is 62.5 yuan, the journey is about 4 hours, the tour time of this tour train is: 8:25 from Xining station, 12:23 to the tea station At 1700 hours on the same day, it departed from Chaka Station and returned to Xining Station at 21:13.
The Best Tour Season
It is best to go to the tea card from June to July, and the tourist season in 7.8 months. A large number of tourists come to the lake to trample the damage seriously. If you can’t basically see the pure white salt lake in August, many of them are black mud groups that have been stepped on. Therefore, every winter scenic area must be closed for renovation, and it will be reopened in 5.6 months. However, Qinghai’s June is relatively cold. It is recommended that July 10-20 is the best time to travel. At this time, people are relatively few, and they can go to the MengYuan to see the most blooming rapeseed.
The Tour Time
The train path in the tea card scenic spot divides the lake into two, so friends who go to the morning can shoot the lake on the right, the lake on the right is just right, and it is wider than the left. The friend who went to the afternoon took the lake on the left. The disadvantage is that it is smaller than the lake on the right. The advantage is that you can watch the sunset.
If you come to the tea card in the afternoon, you can also stay in the tea for one night, but the accommodation will be more expensive. It is not too late to enter the scenic spot at 4 o’clock, because the sun is going to fall at 8 or 9 o’clock in the evening, and it is just right to take the tea lake to the left of the lake at 4 o’clock. The left side is not backlit.
Can take the reflection and the mirror of the sky, after a variety of pats, 7 o’clock can be transferred to the other side of the lake, watching the sun set, go to the center of the lake to shoot the silhouette. Many people missed the most beautiful sunset of the tea card because they didn’t plan to stay in the tea.
The light is very strong on sunny days, and there is reflection from the lake. It needs sunscreen preparation, and it is best to prepare a pair of sunglasses to protect the eyes.
wearing colorful clothes, the red dress is worn by many people, it is also very classic. As long as it can be nicely matched with white.
wear a pair of slippers into, one is to prevent the salt in the water is relatively rough, and the second is to take off at any time when taking pictures. In order to protect the ecological environment of Chaka Salt Lake, the scenic area has specially customized renewable environmentally-friendly shoe covers, which can be rented at low prices in the scenic spot. Please do not bring other shoe covers provided by non-scenic areas to the lake.
Chaka Salt Lake area about 3,000 meters above sea level, should pay attention to not vigorous exercise, so as not to produce altitude sickness.
- 1. There is a hotel in the scenic area, but the price is really not cheap! However, it is very convenient. It is very convenient to watch the sunset at night, and you can watch it again the next day.
- 2. Living in Chaka Town, Chaka Town is very small, there are not many accommodations, and the conditions are very general.
- 3. If it is convenient for the trip, it is recommended to live near the Heima River. There are relatively many accommodations here, and the environment is average.
Salt Lake Photography Tips
- 1, be sure to stand! Do not move your feet! The most beautiful thing about the tea card is the reflection, so you must stand still in the middle of the lake, and you will be confused when you move your eyes. There is no such beauty.
- 2, when encountering the backlight, try not to take close-ups and shoot the distant view.
- 3, try to capture, do not look at the lens. The expressions made in this way are the most natural. Although there are a lot of waste films, it is quite good to choose a few of them, to avoid shooting scenes.
- 4, take a small train to enjoy the scenery along the way, take a few shots by the way, very nice!
- 5, you can shoot the stars! Located in the Chaka Salt Lake at 36°18 north latitude, there is a train on the edge of the salt lake. Under the stars, it seems to take you to the fairy tale.
- 6, if it is a mobile phone vision map, I suggest that you directly use Apple’s own, you can increase the saturation, and contrast, color enhancement, the basic is very beautiful.
- 7, SLR use LR, will not color can be more than a few presets on the Internet, there will always be suitable for you. Ps: With a dimming mirror, the effect of shooting is even better.
- 8, don’t drop your mobile phone into water by accident.