ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower
- Chinese Name: 东方明珠广播电视塔
- Address: 上海市浦东新区世纪大道1号(近二号线陆家嘴站)
- Tel: +86 021-58798888;021-58791888
- Opening Time:08:00-22:00, 10:00-21:30 (Oriental Pearl Landmarks – Global Fantasy Travel); last admission time: 21:30 (January 1st – December 31st Monday – Sunday)
- Recommended Visiting Time:1-3 H
- Tickets : Tower sightseeing: A ticket 220 RMB / E ticket 180 RMB / B ticket 160 RMB; Magic Light and Shadow Happy Park: Adult single ticket 60 RMB / parent-child ticket (1 big 1 small) 90 RMB; Sightseeing + Cruise Package: Upper sphere + Exhibition Hall + Pujiang to browse 260 RMB; Tour (not to the tower): D votes 35 RMB (January 1st – December 31st Monday – Sunday)
- offical website:https://www.orientalpearltower.com/
- height: 468m
- Architectural style: Futurist architecture
- built time: 1991
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower
The Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower (Chinese: 东方明珠塔;东方明珠广播电视塔) is a TV tower in Shanghai. Its location at the tip of Lujiazui in the Pudong New Area by the side of Huangpu River, opposite The Bund, makes it a distinct landmark in the area. Its Construction began in 1991, and the tower was completed in 1994.
At 468 m (1,535 feet) high, it was the tallest structure in China from 1994–2007, when it was surpassed by the Shanghai World Financial Center. It is classified as an AAAAA scenic area by the China National Tourism Administration.The tower is brightly lit in different LED sequences at night. On 7 July 2007, Oriental Pearl Tower was host to the Chinese Live Earth concert.
the Oriental Pearl TV Tower consists of three main full-scope sightseeing spheres. The bottom sphere houses a VR Roller Coaster and futuristic space city; the middle sphere offers 360° view of the city while walking on transparent glass and a revolving restaurant; and the third sphere hasa 5D Cinema (not a typo) and old-school arcade with dozens of games.,
The two largest spheres, along the length of the tower, have diameters of 50 m (164 ft) for the lower and 45 m (148 ft) for the upper. They are linked by three columns, each 9 m (30 ft) in diameter. The highest sphere is 14 m (46 ft) in diameter.
The entire tower is supported by three enormous columns that start underground.
The lower sphere outdoor sightseeing gallery with a diameter of 50 meters is 90 meters high. The 263-meter upper spherical sightseeing layer is 45 meters in diameter and is the main sightseeing layer of the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
The 259-meter suspended sightseeing gallery is 150 meters long and 2.1 meters wide. It was transformed from the edge of the original second sphere sightseeing platform. The sightseeing gallery consists of 24 movable “petal” shaped tempered transparent laminated glass with a building area of 17.29 square meters.At a height of 350 meters, the capsule is 16 meters in diameter. It displays the sci-fi charm of the space scene in a futuristic style. It is the highest sightseeing layer of the TV tower. There is also a play area and a 5D movie area.
• Futuristic TV tower (468-meters tall) offering city vistas, a history museum & revolving restaurant.
• Rotating Restaurant: Located at 267 meters above the Oriental Pearl Tower, it is the highest revolving restaurant in Asia, with sweeping views of both sides of the Pujiang River.Lunch:268 CNY p/p;Dinner:298 CNY p/p
• Weather factor:When visiting the Oriental Pearl, you should consider the outside weather factors. The weather such as smog and rain will affect the outside world, and you can only see the haze that cannot be undone, and you cannot overlook the beautiful city scene. Therefore, you should pay attention to picking sunny days when you visit.
Adjacent to the Huangpu River and across the river from the Bund, it is one of Shanghai’s iconic cultural landscapes.
It integrates urban sightseeing, fashion catering, shopping and entertainment, historical exhibition, Pujiang tour, exhibition and performances, etc. It is the first batch of 5A-level tourist attractions in China.
468 meters high, 11 spheres are connected in series from top to bottom. The revolving restaurant in the 267-meter sphere is the perfect place to watch the night view of Shanghai at 360°.
259 meters is a hanging sightseeing gallery. The passage adopts steel structure, and the glass is laid on the ground and the wall, which can overlook the entire Huangpu River and Lujiazui.
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Photo
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Video
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Tickets
Tower sightseeing: A ticket 220 RMB / E ticket 180 RMB / B ticket 160 RMB;
Magic Light and Shadow Happy Park: Adult single ticket 60 RMB / parent-child ticket (1 big 1 small) 90 RMB;
Sightseeing + Cruise Package: Upper sphere + Exhibition Hall + Pujiang to browse 260 RMB;
Tour (not going to the tower): D votes 35 RMB (January 1st – December 31st Monday – Sunday)
Free of charge: children under 1m
- A ticket: capsule + upper sphere + lower sphere + exhibition hall
- B ticket: upper sphere + lower sphere + exhibition hall
- D ticket: Shanghai Urban History Development Exhibition Hall
- E ticket: upper sphere + lower sphere + magic light and shadow happy park + exhibition hall
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Structure
The Oriental Pearl Tower is divided into four tourist areas from top to bottom:————————————————–
351 meters space warehouse sightseeing layer
267 m air revolving restaurant
263 meters main sightseeing layer
259 meters full transparent hanging gallery
95 meters high altitude VR roller coaster
90m outdoor sightseeing gallery
78 meters more Shanghai ring multimedia show
18m Coca Cola Happy Restaurant
0m Hall Shanghai City History Development Exhibition Hall
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Travel Guide
- If you just take a picture of the square under the tower, you don’t need to buy tickets. You can enter directly after the security check.
- If you only visit the Shanghai City Historical Development Exhibition Hall in the 0-meter hall, the fare is 35.
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Tourist Map
How To Get To ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower
useful Chinese:for taxi driver
Please take me to ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower
Line 2, get off at LUJIAZHUI
:地铁2号线,全程约15.0公里 1、从淞虹路乘坐地铁2号线,经过10站, 到达陆家嘴站 2、步行约440米,到达东方明珠塔
shanghai metro map
Address:1Building,1# DaYou Lane,,DongHuaMen St, JinJiang District,ChengDu.China 610015