Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower
- Chinese Name: 东方明珠广播电视塔
- Address: 上海市浦东新区世纪大道1号(近二号线陆家嘴站)
- Tel: +86 021-58798888;021-58791888
- Opening Time:08:00-22:00, 10:00-21:30 (Oriental Pearl Landmarks – Global Fantasy Travel); last admission time: 21:30 (January 1st – December 31st Monday – Sunday)
- Recommended Visiting Time:1-3 H
- Tickets : Value Ticket: Adult Ticket 199 RMB/Child Ticket 99 RMB; Peak Ticket: Adult Ticket 220 RMB/Child Ticket 110 RMB; Value Ticket + Landmark Park: Adult Ticket 229 RMB/Child Ticket 114 RMB; Speed Pass: Adult Ticket 299 RMB/Child ticket 199 RMB (Monday-Sunday from January 1st to December 31st)
- Tickets Type：Value ticket: 259-meter outdoor suspended gallery + 263-meter lift on both banks of the Pujiang River + Shanghai Urban History Development Exhibition Hall + MINIPARK Happy Riding + OFriends Park Sustained General Mobilization Park + Colorful Elevator/Transparent Sightseeing Elevator Pinnacle Ticket: 351m Space Capsule + 259m Outdoor Hanging Gallery + Shanghai Urban History Development Exhibition Hall
- offical website: https://www.orientalpearltower.com/
- height: 468m
- Architectural style: Futurist architecture
- built time: 1991
- Commissioning time: October 1994
- Attraction level: National AAAAA-level tourist attraction (one of the ten landmark buildings in Shanghai)
- Building area: about 100000 m²
- Virtual Tour: https://720yun.com/t/09vksm87sfq?scene_id=48758819
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower
landmark building in Shanghai
The Oriental Pearl Tower stands in Lujiazui, Pudong, Shanghai, across the river from the Bund. It is a landmark building in Shanghai. Take the fully transparent sightseeing elevator to board the 351-meter-high space capsule sightseeing layer, you can have a panoramic view of the scenery on both sides of the Huangpu River, and you can also interact with the “astronauts”. If you enjoy the night view of Shanghai while enjoying delicious food in the 267-meter-high revolving restaurant in the sky, it will be an extraordinary experience.
The Oriental Pearl Tower is 468 meters high and is composed of 11 spheres of different sizes connected in series. This design comes from the wonderful artistic conception of “big pearls and small pearls falling on a jade plate”. Climb the three main spheres, and enjoy the city scenery on both sides of the Pujiang River from different heights, especially standing on the fully transparent sightseeing corridor at a height of 259 meters, and enjoy the panoramic view of Shanghai in a unique way of “walking in the sky”. It is an unforgettable enjoyment to go to the sightseeing floor at night to experience the splendor of the “city that never sleeps” under the night.
Dining And Entertainment
The Pearl of the Orient is also a small world of entertainment, food, exhibitions and shopping. You can learn about the changes of Shanghai’s modern history at the Shanghai Urban History Development Exhibition Hall on the tower; scream and fly together at the 95-meter-high “VR roller coaster” in the Oriental Pearl Tower; when you are tired from playing, you can go to the revolving restaurant to taste delicious food from all over the world and enjoy live production with cooking show. At the end of the journey, you can go to the special product floor to buy souvenirs, or buy a postcard, stamp it with the postmark of the air post office, and send it to yourself or your relatives and friends who want to wish you well.
The two largest spheres, along the length of the tower, have diameters of 50 m (164 ft) for the lower and 45 m (148 ft) for the upper. They are linked by three columns, each 9 m (30 ft) in diameter. The highest sphere is 14 m (46 ft) in diameter.
The entire tower is supported by three enormous columns that start underground.
The lower sphere outdoor sightseeing gallery with a diameter of 50 meters is 90 meters high. The 263-meter upper spherical sightseeing layer is 45 meters in diameter and is the main sightseeing layer of the Oriental Pearl TV Tower.
The 259-meter suspended sightseeing gallery is 150 meters long and 2.1 meters wide. It was transformed from the edge of the original second sphere sightseeing platform. The sightseeing gallery consists of 24 movable “petal” shaped tempered transparent laminated glass with a building area of 17.29 square meters.At a height of 350 meters, the capsule is 16 meters in diameter. It displays the sci-fi charm of the space scene in a futuristic style. It is the highest sightseeing layer of the TV tower.There is also a play area and a 5D movie area.
• Futuristic TV tower (468-meters tall) offering city vistas, a history museum & revolving restaurant.
• Rotating Restaurant: Located at 267 meters above the Oriental Pearl Tower, it is the highest revolving restaurant in Asia, with sweeping views of both sides of the Pujiang River.Lunch:268 CNY p/p;Dinner:298 CNY p/p
• Weather factor:When visiting the Oriental Pearl, you should consider the outside weather factors. The weather such as smog and rain will affect the outside world, and you can only see the haze that cannot be undone, and you cannot overlook the beautiful city scene. Therefore, you should pay attention to picking sunny days when you visit.
Adjacent to the Huangpu River and across the river from the Bund, it is one of Shanghai’s iconic cultural landscapes.
It integrates urban sightseeing, fashion catering, shopping and entertainment, historical exhibition, Pujiang tour, exhibition and performances, etc. It is the first batch of 5A-level tourist attractions in China.
468 meters high, 11 spheres are connected in series from top to bottom. The revolving restaurant in the 267-meter sphere is the perfect place to watch the night view of Shanghai at 360°.
259 meters is a hanging sightseeing gallery. The passage adopts steel structure, and the glass is laid on the ground and the wall, which can overlook the entire Huangpu River and Lujiazui.
Things To Do
- Visit the observation decks
- The tower has three observation decks at different heights, offering stunning views of Shanghai and the Huangpu River.
- The highest deck, known as the Space Module, is located at a height of 350 meters and offers a 360-degree view of the city.
- Dine at the revolving restaurant
- Visitors can enjoy a meal while taking in panoramic views of the city and the river.
- Experience the virtual reality roller coaster
- The tower has a virtual reality roller coaster that takes visitors on a thrilling ride through the city. The ride combines real-life movements with virtual reality technology, creating a unique and exciting experience.
- Walk on the glass-bottomed walkway
- The tower has a glass-bottomed walkway located at a height of 259 meters. Visitors can walk on the transparent floor and look down at the city below.
- Explore the tower’s museum
- The tower has a museum located on the lower floors, which showcases the history and development of Shanghai and the tower itself.
- Watch the nightly light show
- The tower is illuminated at night and features a spectacular light show. Visitors can watch the show from the surrounding area or from the tower’s observation decks.
- Stay overnight at the 230 sky suite
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower Video
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower Tourist Map
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower Photo
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower
ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower Structure
The Oriental Pearl Tower is divided into four tourist areas from top to bottom:
351 meters space warehouse sightseeing layer
267 m air revolving restaurant
263 meters main sightseeing layer
259 meters full transparent hanging gallery
95 meters high altitude VR roller coaster
90m outdoor sightseeing gallery
78 meters more Shanghai ring multimedia show
18m Coca Cola Happy Restaurant
0m Hall Shanghai City History Development Exhibition Hall
How To Get To ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower
Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV TowerPractical Chinese:for taxi driver pls take us to ShangHai Oriental Pearl Tower 请载我们到东方明珠广播电视塔
It can be reached by taking Metro Line 2 to Lujiazui Station;Shanghai metro map