Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings
History: from 650 AD
Location:fulongxiang,baoding town,dazu county,chongqing重庆市大足区宝顶镇大足石刻旅游景区
Tickets:Baodingshan single ticket: 115 RMB; Baodingshan and Mount North Joint ticket: 140 RMB
The distance between the two(Baodingshan and North Mountain) is more than ten kilometers
Time stopping to sell tickets:16:30 PM
Single Trip From ChongQing:2 H
Dazu Rock Carvings Tourist Map: Click for Map
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Tour
The Dazu Rock Carvings(Dazu Grottoes:大足石刻) are a series of Chinese religious sculptures and carvings, dating back as far as the 7th century AD, depicting and influenced by Buddhist, Confucian and Taoist beliefs. Some are in rock-cut cave shrines, in the usual Chinese Buddhist style, but many others are rock reliefs carved into the open rock faces.
The Dazu Rock Carvings are stone carvings of Buddhist theme and are very beautiful and spectacular. Each sculpture has its own story, and it is still colored, and it looks very realistic and even vivid. Especially the Buddha statue in the cave, the expression of the expression does not have to say, even the tassels of the clothes give the impression that it is a gust of wind can blow.
The ancient working people are really skilled craftsmen. With one hand and one hammer, you can engrave so many vivid and vivid faces on the mountain. Every sculpture has its own story… It really makes people feel very shocked, majestic and spectacular. magical. This is really a huge treasure of our human beings. We must take care of it, slowly taste it, and spread it through the ages.
- Dazu Rock Carving is the collective name of the stone carving group, including Baoding Mountain, Beishan Mountain, Nanshan Mountain, Shiqi Mountain and Shimen Mountain. Most of the Dazu Rock Carvings mentioned by the people refer to the Baoding Mountain stone inscription.
- Dazu Rock Carvings is a stone carving of Buddhist theme, very beautiful and spectacular. Each sculpture has its own story, and it is still colored, and it looks very realistic and even vivid.
- Especially the Buddha statue in the cave, the expression and bearing , even the tassels of the clothes give the impression that a gust of wind can blow.
World Heritage Site:Dazu Grottoes
- Listed as a World Heritage Site, the Dazu Rock Carvings are made up of 75 protected sites containing some 50,000 statues, with over 100,000 Chinese characters forming inscriptions and epigraphs.
- The sites are located in Chongqing Municipality within the steep hillsides throughout Dazu County, located about 60 kilometers west of the urban area of Chongqing. The highlights of the rock grotto are found on Mount Baoding and Mount Beishan.
- The carvings were listed as a World Heritage Site in 1999, citing “…their aesthetic quality, their rich diversity of subject matter, both secular and religious,
- and the light that they shed on everyday life in China during this period. They provide outstanding evidence of the harmonious synthesis of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism. more info
Dazu District is located in the western part of Chongqing City and belongs to the upper reaches of the Yangtze River. It is part of the one-hour economic circle in Chongqing. The Dazu Rock Carvings here are very famous. They are listed as “World Cultural Heritage” by the United Nations. The first batch of 5A-level scenic spots in the country, together with Dunhuang, Yungang and Longmen Grottoes, constitutes a complete history of Chinese grotto art. It is the only city in Chongqing. World Heritage. It has made Dazu a must-see for Chinese and foreign tourists.
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Photo
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Video
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Tourist Map
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Car Rental With Driver
- Car Rental
|5 Seats Car||180 USD|
|7 Seats Car||210 USD|
|15 Seats Car||285 USD|
|35 Seats Car||Inquiry|
5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
round way trip
insurance of passengers
ChongQing Hotel(Airport) Pick up and drop off
scenic spot admission tickets
scenic spot cable car or Sightseeing Car
english tour guide
tips for driver, depends on service
Chongqing Dazu Rock Carvings Panorama