ZhangYe Horse Hoof Temple
- Chinese Name:马蹄寺
- tel: +86 0936-8891646;0936-8891610
- Tickets: 74 CNY p/p
- Opening Time: 08:30-18:00
- Recommend Visiting Time: 1-3 H
ZhangYe Horse Hoof Temple
The Horsehoof Temple is located in the Sunan Yugu Autonomous County of Gansu Province (the Yugu people are special ethnic minorities in Zhangye, Gansu); it is 65 kilometers away from the urban area of Zhangye City in the north. It is a tourist area integrating the art of caves, the scenery of Qilian Mountain and the customs of Yugu.
The Mati Temple Grotto was built in Beiliang and is a large-scale grotto group. Including Qianfo Cave, Shengguo Temple, Puguang Temple, Thousand Buddha Cave, Jinta Temple, North and South Horseshoe Temple, Shangzhongxia Guanyin Cave and Jinta Temple. There are more than 30 caves in each small cave group, and there are two caves in the small caves. There are more than 70 caves in total, and nearly 30 kilometers.
The earliest of these caves were built in the Jin Dynasty. They were carved by the Dunhuang people Guo Yan and his disciples. They were the retreat lectures of Guo, and the later generations were like Buddhas. In the heyday, there were more than 300 people. In the Yongle period of the Ming Dynasty, it was renamed Puguang Temple. The original golden saddle and robes in the temple were the royal objects given by Qianlong in the Qing Dynasty. Due to its long history, the Horseshoe Grottoes are known as the three major art caves of the Hexi Buddhist Resort in the Mogao Grottoes in Dunhuang and the Yulin Grottoes in Anxi. Since the Eastern Jin Dynasty, the Mazu Temple Grottoes have experienced more than 1,600 years of history in the Northern Wei, Northern Zhou, Sui, Tang and Song (Xi Xia), Yuan, Ming, Qing and the Republic of China. It is a cultural relic with a long history and high artistic value. One of the monuments.
The Horseshoe Temple is named after the legendary Tianma who has a horseshoe print here. The legendary horseshoe imprint is now in the Horseshoe Hall of Puguang Temple and becomes the treasure of the town temple.
ZhangYe Horse Hoof Temple Video
How to get to ZhangYe Horse Hoof Temple
Every year between May 1 and October of the National Day:
- By bus at the zhangye bus South Station, the daily time of the car is 7:35, 8:25, 9:15, the fare is 11.5 yuan / person,
- the shuttle bus to Zhangye has two shifts, the time is not fixed, you need to ask when getting on the bus. about 16:30 to 17:00, the fare is 11 yuan / person. Round trip 21.5 yuan / person
ZhangYe Horse Hoof Temple Travel Guide
- The location of the Horseshoe Temple is very large, and the attractions are far apart. It is not recommended to walk by yourself.
- It is a wise choice to take a bus in the scenic area.
- The legendary horseshoe imprint is now in the Horseshoe Hall of Puguang Temple, becoming the treasure of the town temple.
- PuTi Tower is a good place to take pictures. You can take pictures of the 33rd day of the Horseshoe Temple and take pictures of the snowy mountains of Qilian Mountain. Particularly spectacular
- On the top floor for thirty-three days, you can see the beautiful scenery below. The Buddha statues and murals in the Tibetan Buddhist Temple are particularly beautiful and shocking. Photographs are forbidden in the Buddhist temple.
- There are many local crafts and small souvenirs at the entrance of the scenic spot.