The Temple of Heaven
The Temple of Heaven
- Chinese Name: 天坛
- Visiting Time: 1-3 H
- Tickets: 旺季(4月1日-10月31日)15元，联票35元 淡季(11月1日-次年3月31日)10元，联票30元
- Sightseeing Bus: ￥90 CNY
- Open Time : 旺季(4月1日-10月31日)6：00—22：00 淡季(11月1日-次年3月31日)6：30—22：00
- Website ： http://www.tiantanpark.com/
- Tel ： 010-67013036;010-67012402
BeiJing The Temple of Heaven
·The Temple of Heaven is a special altar for the Emperor of the Ming and Qing Dynasties to worship the heavens, ask for rain and pray for the harvest. It is divided into two parts: the inner altar and the outer altar. There are mainly the Hall of Prayer for Good and the Emperor.
· In addition to the intricate architecture of the various halls, the whimsical design of the echo wall and the three-tone stone also evoke the wisdom of the ancients.
· Visit the South Gate to enter the North Gate (or East Gate), and then visit the Qiuqiu, Huangfuyu, Tanjung Bridge, the Hall of Prayer and the Emperor’s Palace.
The Temple of Heaven Tourist Map
How to Get to The Temple of Heaven, BeiJing
- South Gate of the Temple of Heaven: 36, 120, 122 Line.
- West Gate of the Temple of Heaven: 2, 20, 120 Line.
- North Gate of the Temple of Heaven: 6, 34, 35, 36, 106, 111 Line.
- East Gate of the Temple of Heaven: 6, 25, 34, 35, 36, 39, 41, 43, 60, 610, 684, 685, 723, 814.
Take Metro Line 5 to Tiantan Dongmen Station.
BeiJing The Temple of Heaven Video
BeiJing The Temple of Heaven Travel Guide
Going in from the south gate, first arrive at Qiuqiu, where the festival is held, and the number of railings is built in multiples of 9. In addition to the circular sculpture in the middle, the entire dome is surrounded by a square wall, which is very wide and should be nearly one kilometer along the wall. There is a circle of circular walls inside the square wall, all of which are red walls and blue glazed tiles. They are very solemn.
Go north and arrive at Huang Yuyu. It is used here to worship the gods of the heavenly ceremony on weekdays. The building is also the same red wall blue glazed tile, the round wall is relatively small, but here is the famous echo wall, the ring wall with a small space for the sound to reflect back. The algae well of Huang Yuyu is very beautiful, round shape, the green and blue gold concentrated colors are regularly cross-connected, gradually arched and gathered to the highest point in the middle.
Go north and arrive at the Prayer Gate. After passing the door of the Year of Prayer, can see the core building of the Temple of Heaven and the Hall of Prayer. The world-famous three-storey blue tiled cylindrical building is erected by a three-story white jade fence base that blends in with the heavens and the earth.
The algae wells of the Hall of Prayer are even more magnificent, and the most shocking inside are the big red pillars! The four pillars in the center are 19.2 meters high, representing the four seasons of the year. There are 12 pillars in each of the two rows, representing December and 12 o’clock. This is the tallest wooden pillar that should have been seen so far.