- Chinese Name: 云冈石窟
- Address: 山西省大同市云冈区云冈景区
- Tel: +86 0352-7992622;0352-7992655
- Opening Time:08:30-17:30 (April 1st – October 15th Monday – Sunday) 08:30-17:00 (October 16th – March 31st of the following year Monday-Sunday)
- Recommended Visiting Time:4-5 H
- Tickets : Adult ticket: 120 RMB (January 01-December 31 Monday-Sunday)
- offical website: http://www.yungang.org/
Shanxi DaTong Yungang Grottoes
It was the Northern Wei Dynasty that ruled North China, which was centered on national skills, manpower and material resources. It is one of the four major grottoes in China.
Scenery is divided into landscape area and grotto group. Among them, the grotto group is the biggest point of view. It is divided into three areas, and there are about 40 caves open to the outside world.
The third cave is the largest cave in Yungang. The fifth and sixth caves are double caves. The murals in the caves are exquisite and are the most representative caves in Yungang Grottoes.
Shanxi DaTong Yungang Grottoes Photo
Shanxi DaTong Yungang Grottoes Video
Shanxi DaTong Yungang Grottoes Tourist Map
How To Get To Shanxi DaTong Yungang Grottoes
DaTong Yungang Grottoes Travel Guide
- Although the scenic area is large, the actual cave only stretches for 1 km. Just entering the gate of the scenic spot, there is a small screening room, and the introductory film is played every two minutes, 13 minutes, it is recommended to visit after visiting.
- The Mogao Grottoes are the most well-protected, mainly to admire the murals; the Longmen Grottoes are moved to Luoyang, and the royal continuation of Yungang re-excavation is far less refined than Yungang; Yungang is a collection of sculpture art and murals.
- The most beautiful are the sixth, ninth and tenth caves, all looking at the relief
- Take the No. 3 bus in the city and get off at Yungang Grotto Station.
|Train number||Starting station||Time of departure||Time of arrival|
|6834||Ke Lan-Da Tong||07:25||13:20|
|K615||Beijing West-Da Tong||15:40||21:48|
Practical Chinese: 我要去云冈石窟
|Fight number||City take off and landing||Departure time||Fall time|