• Address: DuJiangYan City,SiChuan China(60 KM from chengdu)
• Opening Time:8:00-18:00
• Recommended Visiting Time:half day
• Tickets 80 RMB
• Sightseeing Car 15 RMB/ round trip; 10 RMB/single trip
• offical website: www.djy517.com
Dujiangyan irrigation Project
- It is the largest water conservancy project in the world, the longest and only remaining, characterized by damless water diversion.
- It mainly consists of three parts: the fish mouth dike, the Feishayan spillway and the Baopingkou water inlet. It has always played a role in flood control irrigation.
- The scenery near Dujiangyan is beautiful, and there are many cultural relics and historic sites, including Fulongguan, Erwang Temple, Anlan Cable Bridge, Yuleiguan and Lidui Park.
DuJiangYan Tour 720 Panorams
Dujiangyan Irrigation System Tour,Travel Guide
Dujiangyan Irrigation System
Dujiangyan Irrigation System have more than 2300 years history, presenting the ancient people’s wisdom and endurance. which still working today.The world heritage listed
before your tour, you’d better understand the system’s theory,history background, then you will understand more.
There is video explaining why separate into 2 channel and how to infiltrate the sand to let clean flow into target.
Nearby 1:from dujiangyan irrigation to qingchengshan about 30-45 mins.
Nearby 2:from dujiangyan irrigation to DJY panda base about 30-45 mins.
Tips:visiting from top mount(秦宴楼) to the foot will be quite easy and not tired
Two Kings Temple—The Erwang Temple at Dujiangyan,Erwang or Two Kings Temple is located on the bank of the river at the foot of Mount Yulei.The original Wangdi Temple built in memory of an ancient Shu king was relocated and so locals renamed the temple here,in honour of Li Bing and his legendary son whom they had posthumously promoted to kings.
The 10,072m2 Qing Dynasty wooden complex conforms to the traditional standard of temple design except that it does not follow a north-south axis.The main hall, which contains a modern statue of Li Bing,opens up onto a courtyard facing an opera stage.On Li Bing’s traditional birthday, 24th day of the 7th month of the lunar calendar,local operas were performed for the public,
and on Tomb Sweeping Day a Water Throwing Festival is held.
The rear hall contains a modern statue of the god Erlang Shen who was allegedly Li Bings son,but historic records fail to confirm this and it is possible that he was invented by locals to give their hero a descendent to maintain his family heritage.
Guanlantin Pavilion stands above the complex and is inscribed with wise words from Li Bing such as,
When the river flows in zigzags, cut a straight channel; when the riverbed is wide and shallow, dig it deeper.
Dujiangyan Irrigation System Tour MAP
How to get to Dujiangyan Irrigation System from ChengDu