• Address: China, Sichuan Sheng, Mount Emei
• Visiting Time: about 3 Hours-1 Day
• Building History: AD 401
• Tickets:185 RMB/per (Mount Admission)+ 10 RMB（temple ticket）+ Cable Car（65+55 RMB）
• Open Time: 8:30-18:00
Mount Emei WanNian Temple
Temple is located in thousands of years without beam brick hall, the Department of the Northern Song Dynasty Emperor Taizong of Song emissary casting for the national key cultural relics protection units. 7.85 meters high and weighs 62 tons.
Have been a thousand years ago be called rare national treasure. Small Buddha niche out in 3000, with Samantabhadra riding like like, constitutes a statement of Samantabhadra set ambitious disciples preaching scenes. Top of the flying patterns, characters Titaiqingying, graceful dance.
- There is Hotel at Mount Emei WanNian Temple;with tranquil and buddhaism atmosphere
- From WanNian Temple to QingYing Pavalion, this route is good choice for hiking
- Hiking up,you will entry into monkey zone
- WanNian Temple
Mount Emei Tour Map(Click Point In The Map To More Detail)
Located 150 kilometers away from Chengdu and only 28 kilometers from Leshan, Emei Mountain has been designated a World Heritage Site due to its breathtaking scenery, mysterious natural wonders and historical Buddhist sites.
WanNian Monasty set up at AD 401, more than thousands of years history,the monastery there are about 20 acres,temple layout is very beautiful, the entire temple to sit west east, followed by the Mountain Gate, Maitreya Hall, brick palace, towering palace, Main Hall. In addition to the whole temple hall of masonry dome roof tiles, the rest are wooden structure.
Temple has a long history, eminent monks and men, is very rich Buddhist heritage. High grade collections Temple artifacts, such as the Buddha, “Buddhist Sambo” (Bayeux classics, Buddha’s tooth, Imperial India), ritual implements, paintings and calligraphy, plaque right, temple architecture, temple decorations and so on.
Mount Emei Tour Package
Mount Emei WanNian Temple
This monastery is the oldest surviving Emei Temple (reconstructed in the 9th century). It’s dedicated to the man on the white elephant, the Bodhisattva Puxian, who is the protector of the mountain. This 8.5 m-high statue is dated from AD 980, cast in copper and bronze and weighs an estimated 62,000 kg. If you can manage to rub the elephant’s back, good luck is believed to be cast upon you.
WanNian Temple Travel Guide
- WanNian Temple ：The altitude of BaoGuo Temple:533 m, and Mount Emei summit:3099 m
- From high speed train station to WanNian Temple:bus line:1 business, 5A
- From WanNian Temple to QingYing Pavilion:hiking down will take about 2 hours
- From WanNian Temple to Summit:hiking up will take about 5-8 hours