- Chinese name: 老寨山
- Address: Laozhai Mountain, Xingping Ancient Town, Yangshuo County, Guilin City, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
- Address: 广西壮族自治区桂林市阳朔县兴坪古镇老寨山(老街头漓江榕树潭边)
- Opening hours: all day
- Tickets: Free
- Time to reach the summit: 35-45 Min
YangShuo LaoZhai Hill sistuated at north xingping old town,walking to the foot from xingping need about 20mins.
climbing to the top of a mountain will have a panorama view of li river and xingping old town,some part of the path is very steep, finally you arrive the top,with the great sense of achievement. also this is nice place for sunrise and sunset, it’s perfect place for photographer and hiking lover.
A Japanese traveler, Lin Kezhi, who accidentally climbed to Lao Zhaishan in 1996, was fascinated by the fascinating beauty he saw. After that, he decided to stay in Xingping, and with the consent of Xingping Town Government, he built this more than 1,000 stone steps and built a pavilion in the mountains and the top of the mountain. The top is called the friendly pavilion. Only then did he know that he settled in Xingping and operated a hotel under the Laozhai Mountain. Since then, many Japanese tourists and even other foreign tourists have come to climb the mountain. Because of him, Xingping quickly changed from an obscure town to a small and famous tourist spot.
After boarding the Laozhai Mountain, I was impressed by the gorgeous scenery on both sides of the Lijiang River. The rock pile next to the friendly pavilion at the top of the mountain was the best viewing point. Looking at the numerous peaks standing on the banks of the Lijiang River, the Lijiang River turned at the foot of the mountain. The big bend is awesome. A cruise ship shuttled over the Li River, and the mountains were stacked in the distance, which was extraordinarily enchanting.
Taking pictures in the rock pile is simply taking pictures of life, there are no guardrails and other safety protection measures on the stone pile, and the cliffs are under the feet.
LaoZhai Hill Video
LaoZhai Hill Photo
LaoZhai Hill Tourist Map
LaoZhai Hill Travel Guide
- There are no tickets for this mountain. Due to the steep mountain road, pay attention to wearing and anti-skid. Usually there are fewer people going up the mountain, and there are lush foliage on both sides of the road, deep mountains and old forests, girls are best to go together, and pay attention to mosquitoes.
- If you want to see the sunrise, because of the deep mountains and old forests, you can hardly see the road before dawn. Please bring a flashlight and other lighting equipment.
- Check the time of sunrise and sunset, you can calculate the time to go up the mountain, instead of being forced by the cold on the mountain early (for example, in early September, the sunrise is usually 06:10, and it will start to light up at 05:10 one hour before sunrise). In addition, in the mountain shape here, the sun can only be seen when it rises to the mountain at about 06:40 about half an hour later. Counting the 50-minute climbing time, climbing at 5:50 can ensure that you will not miss the sunrise. )
- To see the sea of clouds, it is easy to see in the morning when the weather is fine after rain. (When the sun is about to show its face, the surface of the Lijiang River starts to rise with fog)
- The top of the mountain mainly has two sides of the scenery, one is the beautiful scenery of Xingping, and the other is the Lijiang River, especially the 180-degree turn of the Lijiang River is very spectacular. In the morning, the Li River is bright, and in the afternoon, it is backlight. Students who are particular about photography need to pay attention.
How To Get To LaoZhai Hill
From xingping Old Place Int’l Youth Hostel to enter.
Downhill: 20 Mins
YangShuo LaoZhai Hill Story
1996, The Janpanese whose name is LinKeZhi, first come the xingping,visiting the laozhai hill accompanied by 2 local people.overwhelmed by breathtaking scenery,and then decide to stay here.
in order to let more peopl enjoy the panorama view of laozhai hill, he plan to pave the path to the summit. so he work so hard to fundize, and under the help of xingping people, the path was finished at 1998. together with top building: friendly pavilion.
afterwards he open the hostel at the foot of laozhai hill, and married a chinese, live a happy life now. more info