QingHai Taer Temple Tour
Qinghai Taer Temple Tour
- Chinese Name: 青海塔尔寺
- Address: 西宁市湟中县金塔路56号
- Tel: 0971-2232357
- Opening Time:07:00-18:00
- Recommended Visiting Time:half day
- Tickets :70 CNY/High Season; 40 CNY/Low Season
- offical website: https://www.kumbum.org/
Qinghai Taer Temple
The Ta’er Monastery is one of the six monasteries of the Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism in China, and the birthplace of the world’s second largest Buddhist master of Kabbah.
- ·Because there is a tower first, and there is a temple behind it, the name Ta’er Temple, with a history of more than 400 years, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Xining.
- The temple building is magnificent, the treasures are rich, and the incense is also very strong. Come here to feel the rich religious atmosphere.
- Lifelike butter flowers, colorful murals and colorful piles of embroidery are known as “the three art of Ta’er Temple”.
· The temple also houses many Buddhist books and academic monographs on history, literature, philosophy, medicine, and legislation.
Located 25 kilometers (15.53 miles) southwest to Xining City, the Ta’er Monastery is one of six famous monasteries in the Gelugpa Sect (also called Yellow Hat Sect) of Tibetan Buddhism. It is said to be the birthplace of Zongkaba (1357-1419), the founder of the Gelugpa Sect.
Founded in 1379, the lamasery has a history of more than 600 years. It sits on the slopes of a mountain, covering an area of 600 mu (40 hectares). With a combination of Tibetan and Han architectural styles, it is a complex that embraces 9,300 structures, including scripture halls, Buddha halls, lamas’ residences, and Buddhist pagodas.
Butter sculptures, mural paintings and embroidery are three spectaculars specialties of the Ta’er Lamasery.
QingHai Taer Temple Video
How to get to QingHai Taer Temple from XiNingQingHai Taer Temple from XiNing
- From xining to QingHai Taer Temple: 32M / 27.4 KM
- 5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
- Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
- Driver‘s MEAL
- insurance of passengers
- XiNing Hotel Pick up and drop off
- Tourist attractions admission tickets
- personal expense
- english tour guide
- tips for driver, depends on service
Tips For Visiting Taer Temple (Taboos and precautions)
- ① In the temple, you can’t touch the Buddhist scriptures, Buddha statues, and musical instruments with your hands, and you can’t cross them. When you turn the wheel, you must go from left to right; don’t touch the heads and hats of Tibetans.
- ② There are many signboards in the Temple of the Tal Temple that are forbidden to take pictures.
- ③ The Ta’er Monastery is a Tibetan Buddhism. If ordinary people go to worship Buddha, don’t burn incense sticks. In the temple, you can’t just point your finger at the Buddha statue inside. If necessary, the five fingers will close together and point to the Buddha image.
- ④ When you are traveling by yourself, you can ask Aka in the temple (that is, in red, not all of them are called lamas), and climb to the Panchen Palace next to you to see the panoramic view of the Ta’er Temple.
- ⑤ The Ta’er Monastery can be completed in about two hours. The temple inside, especially the Dajinwa Temple, is not allowed to take pictures.