• official website: https://www.mutianyugreatwall.com
• Phone: 010-61626022
• Length： 5400m
• add： 北京市怀柔区渤海镇慕田峪村
• Tickets： 40 CNY
• Opening Time: 08:00-17:00
• 缆车(cable car)：夏季 08:00-17:00；冬季 08:30-16:30
• 滑道(sliding channel)：周一至周五 08:00-16:50；周六至周日 08:00-17:00
The great wall of mutianyu
- Located in Huairou District, it is one of the new 16 scenes in Beijing. It is connected to Juyongguan Great Wall in the west and Gubeikou in the east.
- The total length of 5,400 meters is the longest wall in China. The opening section of the Great Wall is 2,250 meters. It is very rare to have three enemy buildings in Guantai.
- The famous Great Wall landscape arrow buckle, horn corner, eagle flying backwards and so on are located at the west end of the Great Wall of Mutianyu, which is the essence of the Great Wall.
- Former British Prime Minister John Major, former US President Bill Clinton and many other foreign leaders have visited Mutianyu.
BeiJing MuTianYu Great Wall
Mutianyu (慕田峪) is a section of the Great Wall of China located in Huairou County 70 km northeast of central Beijing. The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi in the east. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.
First built in the mid-6th century during the Northern Qi, the Mutianyu section is older than the Badaling section of the Great Wall. During the Ming dynasty, under the supervision of General Xu Da, construction of the present wall began, building over the previous wall. In 1404, a pass was built in the wall. In 1569, the Mutianyu Great Wall was rebuilt and till today most parts of it are well preserved. The Mutianyu Great Wall has the largest construction scale and best quality among all sections of Great Wall.
The great wall of mutianyu Tourist Map
BeiJing MuTianYu: Great Wall of China
Built mainly with granite, the wall is 7–8.5 metres high and the top is 4–5 metres wide. Compared with other sections of Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall possesses unique characteristics in its construction.
Watchtowers are densely placed along this section of the Great Wall – 22 watchtowers on this 2,250-metre-long stretch.
Both the outer and inner parapets are crenelated with merlons, so that shots could be fired at the enemy on both sides – a feature very rare on other parts of the Great Wall.
The Mutianyu Pass consists of 3 watchtowers, one big in the centre and two smaller on both sides. Standing on the same terrace, the three watchtowers are connected to each other inside and compose a rarely seen structure among all sections of Great Wall.
Besides, this section of Great Wall is surrounded by woodland and streams. The forest-coverage rate is over 90 percent.
Today, this section of wall is open to visitors. There are three methods of ascent and four methods of descent to choose from. Besides utilizing 4000+ steps, visitors may also choose between a two-rider chairlift or four-rider gondola lift up from the foothills to the level of the wall, which runs along the ridges above. These lifts may also be used to descend. Another feature of the wall at Mutianyu is an alternate method of descent by single-rider personal wheeled toboggan. This allows single riders to descend from the wall to the valley on a winding metal track.
Adjacent to the Mutianyu wall is its namesake village, which has been hailed by the Chinese government as a model village because of its rebirth largely thanks to tourism and glassware industries. Mutianyu Village is twinned with the village of Shelburne Falls in the U.S. state of Massachusetts.
Due to its proximity to the Jiankou Great Wall, the Mutianyu-Jiankou trail is becoming one of the most popular Great Wall hikes. As Jiankou is in a state of disrepair, this hike combines the preserved condition of Jiankou’s Great Wall with the classic restorative brickwork of Mutianyu.
- Why Foreigner prefer going to mutianyu great wall in china beijing tour
- mutianyu great wall Panorama
- How to get to mutianyu great wall by bus?
BeiJing MuTianYu Great Wall Video
How to get to the Great Wall of MuTianYu from BeiJingTravel line:
• Departure location: Bus stop outside Dongzhimen
• Departure time: 8:30 every day
• Mutianyu Scenic Spot Return Time: 16:00
• Price: 30 yuan per person per way (cannot use bus card, all kinds of free documents are invalid)
From Dongzhimen transfer hall. Take the 916 and get off at Huairou North Street and change to bus H23, H24, H35, H36 and get off at Mutianyu Huandao Station.
- 5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
- Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
- Driver‘s MEAL
- insurance of passengers
- BeiJing Hotel Pick up and drop off
- MuTianYu Great Wall admission tickets
- MuTianYu Great Wall cable car, chairlift(toboggan),shuffle bus fee
- personal expense
- english tour guide
- tips for driver, depends on service
BeiJing MuTianYu Great Wall Travel Guide
- shuffle bus is necessary, because from tickets box to the cable car or chairlift station, long distance(3.5KM), save more energy, the shuffle car cost is 20CNY P/P
- from tickets box to shuffle bus station is 500m away. only to walk
- cable car have 2 type, run by 2 different company. one is closed glass cabin, one is the chair with open air(chairlift up & toboggan down),
- Cable Car price:120 CNY p/p for single trip. round trip price is 190 CNY p/p
- Chairlift up(toboggan down)Price: 120 CNY p/p for single trip. round trip price is 190 CNY p/p
- this 2 company cable car not compatible with each.
- when back trip. if don’t repeat the same itinerary,don’t buy set tickets for cable car.and have to buy separate cable car
- the effective and fastest hiking route is to choose cable car up and toboggan down
- There are two cable car companies operating at both ends of the Great Wall, that is, whether you choose a large cable car or a small cable car, you have to go back the same way, and vice versa, very tricky, or you can buy tickets for another cable car almost at the original price.
- The less expensive way to buy tickets is to buy one-way rope tickets and one-way cable car tickets. If you buy a 190 ticket directly in order to save money, you can only get off at the original point and then go back to the place where you got off.
- compare with badaling, mutianyu have less tourists,more peace and quiet.
- this 2 company cable car or (chairlift up & toboggan down) not compatible with.
- the most easiest and economic public transportation is take Mu Bus(https://www.beijingmubus.cn/)
- if bus 916 line, make sure choose 916 express line, rather than 916 slow line
BeiJing the Great Wall of MuTianYu Day Tour
BeiJing the Great Wall of MuTianYu Day Join In Group Tour
This Group tour fits for the tourist of SOLO, budget intention,knowing more stranger….good for valueall the join-in group, no shopping
- Car Rental
|5 Seats Car||USD|
|7 Seats Car||USD|
|15 Seats Car||USD|
|35 Seats Car||USD|
5 seats or 7 seats car with good condition
Parking fee，fuel cost，toll gate fee…
insurance of passengers
BeiJing Hotel(Airport) Pick up and drop off
Tourist attractions admission tickets
english tour guide
tips for driver, depends on service
BeiJing Car Rental with driver
Charter Car:All licensed,fully legal car with insurance,No shopping,No Detour,24/7 English-speaking support