Lhasa Tour,Travel Guide
Lhasa is a holly city and administrative capital of the Tibet, usually tibet tour starts from lhasa city.
Lhasa have an altitude of 3,490 metres (11,450 ft), Which is one of the highest cities in the world. The city has been the religious and administrative capital of Tibet since the mid-17th century. It contains many culturally significant Tibetan Buddhist sites such as the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Norbulingka Palaces.
- Elevation: 3,490 m (11,450 ft)
- Address: Tibet, China
- District:525 km2
- Airports: Lhasa Gongga International Airport
- Population:559400 (end of 2011)
- Urban: 60 km2 (20 sq mi)
- temperature: subtropical monsoon climate
Lhasa Tourist Attractions
Tibet Lhasa Tourist Map
Tibet Lhasa Tours Video
Tibet Tour Package
• From BeiJing To Lhasa
• From ShangHai To Lhasa
• From ChengDu To Lhasa
• From XiAn To Lhasa
2, anti-drying: Tibet’s climate is very dry, go out to remember to wear a mask, to avoid the chapped lips, force yourself to drink plenty of water to add water, you can put some effervescent tablets in the water, add vitamin C, or carry some fruit in your backpack Regularly eat a little vitamin C supplement.
3. Banknotes: Tibetan people do not use coins because many Tibetan people only know Tibetan. There are only Chinese, English or Arabic numerals on the coins. On the paper money, there are Tibetans. If there are few merchants collecting coins in Tibet. There are few.
4. Costumes: There are many temples in Tibet, including the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple. When you visit, you are very particular about clothing. Don’t wear slippers, wear long pants, ladies don’t wear tight pants, skirts or more The costumes, because there are a lot of monks in the temple, but the tight pants, skirts or wearing the more exposed is disrespectful to them.
5, do not affect the worshippers, pilgrims will go to the five bodies to vote, sometimes the route you walk will affect them, it is recommended to take the road, do not take pictures on the front of others, this is disrespect for them, if true I want to take a photo and take a picture from behind them.
6, do not want to buy things do not ask the price, ask the price after not buying, the business will stare at you for a long time, such as disputes, do not entangle too much, spend money to eliminate disasters, safety first.
7. The price of riding a yak and the photo of the Tibetan Mastiff is discussed in advance. Don’t sneak a photo. If you sneak a photo and find it, the charge will be more expensive. If you don’t give it, you will come to the car and get into trouble. necessary.
Downtown Lhasa: The main mode of transportation in the urban area of Tibet is public transportation and taxis. For the bus I have traveled, the cost is 1 yuan. The taxi fare, although there are standards, the starting fee is 10 yuan / 3 kilometers, more than 3 kilometers and 2 yuan per kilometer, but in fact, after the car, the driver is not playing the table, even in the urban area, completely The mood of the master, the city is basically 10, 15 yuan, if the morning is particularly early or the evening is particularly late, will receive 20 yuan, so be sure to ask the driver price before boarding.
Airport Line: Visitors who fly to Gongga Airport and then to Lhasa can take the airport line at a cost of 30 yuan/person and drive for about 1 hour. The destination of Lhasa is on Niangre South Road near the Potala Palace. It belongs to the urban area.
Train: Lhasa City and Shigatse City are the two largest cities in Tibet. The cities are far away. The train is a good choice. The cost is 40.5 yuan. The driving time is more than 2 hours. The route is Xierong, Qushui and Nie. Wood and Renbu Station; and the Qinghai-Tibet Railway, only Nagqu and Golmud will stop and board.
The hotels in downtown Lhasa are densely populated, mostly chain hotels, inns and youth hostels. Visitors will basically choose hotels in the city center, such as near the Potala Palace or near the Jokhang Temple. The two areas are more convenient for transportation and there are many restaurants and shops. The price is also uneven. There are 4 or 6 people in the youth hostel. The price is relatively cheap, and the price is tens of dollars a night. The price of the standard room or the big bed room is much higher. Beijing Middle Road is one of the main roads of Lhasa. The hotel we chose is located in the middle of Beijing Middle Road to Barkhor Street. The name is “Sheng Cheng Shu Yuan You Duo Duo Inn”. The hotel is book-themed and the observation deck on the roof. You can also see the Potala Palace, 10 minutes from the inn to the Jokhang Temple, 5 minutes to Beijing Middle Road, the price is 280 yuan / night, in the off-season is expensive, but the environment is still very satisfied, will be detailed later Introduction. If you need to stay in other cities for a few nights, you will eventually need to return to Lhasa to stay. It is recommended to choose the original hotel, because you can store your large luggage in the hotel, and then you can get it back when you come back. The burden of bulky luggage.